Medication therapy management, otherwise known as MTM, is a term used for a program to help you manage your medications and health conditions.
- Do you take several medications for several different health conditions?
- Are you finding it difficult to manage your health and your medications?
- Are you having any side effects from your medications?
- Do you have any questions about your medications?
- Do you want to know how best to take your medications to get the most from your medications?
- Do you take medications that require close monitoring such as medication levels?
- Have you been hospitalized recently?
- Would you like to know if you are up-to-date on the recommended vaccines?
- Would you like to have a complete list of the medications you take for your personal use?
- Do you have any concerns about medication costs?
- Would you like to receive education on diet and exercise?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may benefit from medication therapy management. With this program, our pharmacists will ensure you are getting the most benefit from your medications. In addition, our pharmacists can help you better manage your medications and health conditions, so you can live a healthier life.
Medication Therapy Management Services Include:
- A formal medication therapy review
- A sit down meeting between a patient and pharmacist to review all medications, including non-prescription medications and herbals
- Helping a patient understand the importance or need for a new medication
- Checking blood pressure to help a patient monitor if their medication is effective
- Discussing reasons for late refills, whether it is a matter of forgetfulness, cost, or adverse effect and helping the patient resolve the issue
- Recommending less costly generic medications that are just as effective as more expensive brand name medications
- Discussing preventative health care strategies like vaccinations, health screenings, and lifestyle modifications to limit future medical conditions
- The Pharmacists at Ivylea Pharmacy are committed to helping patients manage their medications. The pharmacist works along with the patient and their physician to find an individualized plan to help each patient maximize the benefits of their medications while minimizing or preventing adverse effects, interactions, costs, and waste.
Make an appointment today for a medication therapy management session with one of our pharmacists.