COVID-19 Testing Frequently Asked Questions
You’ll find answers to questions about our testing and because the situation is changing quickly, a link to the New York State Department of Health to get the most updated information directly from the source.
What does it look like when I arrive for the test?
1. Testing is by Drive thru only conducted behind the pharmacy. Please follow the posted signs and enter from Westgate Rd ONLY!! Please arrive promptly, not early or late. If there are cars in front of you, please wait and someone will instruct you.
2. Stay in your car with your mask covering your nose and mouth. One of our staff will come out to you to retrieve your paperwork and give you a number to place on the dashboard.
3. After reviewing your paperwork, a trained associate will come out and retrieve a nasopharyngeal sample from you and place it in a reagent solution. At this time, please pull forward and park in one of the designated COVID parking only spots.
4. Your sample will then be returned into the pharmacy to the testing area and the process completed there. Please remain in your parked car during this time in the designated spot.
5. When your test is complete, an associate will come out to review your results with you. You will be given a written copy of the test results for your reference along with instructions based on the results.
What do I need to bring to the test?
Along with yourself, wearing a mask covering your mouth and nose, please bring two items with you:
1. Your completed paperwork. If you don’t have access to a printer, please call our COVID hotline at (716) 622-8040 prior to your scheduled test day to obtain paperwork and complete before your appointment time.
2. Photo ID
When will I receive my results?
You will leave with a written copy of your test results along with instructions based on the results.
I didn’t receive an email after my test was scheduled, what should I do?
It can take up to approximately 15 minutes to receive your email confirmation.
How much does a COVID-19 test cost at Ivylea Pharmacy?
Payment is via PayPal or major credit card online when your appointment is reserved or you can call (716) 622-8040 and pay over the phone.
I have more questions
Call the Ivylea Pharmacy COVID Hotline at (716) 622-8040. If we can’t immediately answer, be sure to leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.